Today we traveled from North Platte Nebraska to Loveland Colorado. The day started out cool, around 75 degrees. It remained comfortable until we arrived in Ft. Collins around noon. We saw a high today of 97.
Since we arrived in the Loveland area early, we decided to head for the Mountians.
Highlights form today's trip:
- The barrenness of the Colorado prairies.
- We saw prairie dogs and antelope!
- Big Thompson Canyon, on US34
- Estes Park, a beautiful rocky mountain town.
- St. Vrain Canyon, Colorado Hwy 7 out of Lyons.
We stopped for awhile on Colorado Hwy 14 National Grassland you can see how desolate the prairies can be from this 360 video.
Here is the beginning of the drive up through Big Thompson Canyon.
We stopped at Lake Lilly, 9 mils south of Estes Park on Colorado Hwy 7.
Riding the twisties down through beautiful St. Vrian Canyon, lots of fun.
We stopped for some photos along St. Vrain Creek.